Thursday, December 27, 2012

4 Months Later....

I hate to say this....BUT, I told you so.  I knew that I wouldn't be very good at keeping this blog current and interesting.  I promise I have an excuse.  You see....life is super busy.  The last time I created a blog post was at the very end of my summer vacation.  Well, let's look at the calendar.  Today is December 28th....yes it is Christmas Break, and here I am updating our blog.  I truly am grateful that our lives are full of so many wonderful things, but at times both Karl and I can be very overwhelmed with all of the responsibilities we have taken on.  When we reevaluate everything we have going on, and try to eliminate something to free up some time, there just doesn't seem to be anything "optional."  So, where have we been the last four months??




here

AND
here....

...among other places like church, Karl in the athletic training room, library, studying, traveling with football, etc....with family, and taking care of normal daily responsibilities.

We are very grateful, however, for all of the blessings we have in our lives.  Here is a summary/timeline of what our lives have been like from summer until now.  I may do a month or two (maybe even three!) at a time in a different post for each one.


We spent a lot of time this summer trying to run.  I need to emphasize the word trying!
We registered for a few 5K races, thinking it would help us to have a commitment.  It helped, and we really enjoyed spending some quality time together, while trying to create a healthier lifestyle.

We also tried doing some fun things around Arkansas this summer.  We didn't end up doing nearly as many as we wanted to, but that's okay.  With graduate school quickly approaching, and the reality of the unknown (not knowing where we will be next year...that's a whole different blog post), we really wanted to enjoy the state we are currently living in.  This is at an Arkansas Traveler's game this summer.

We also spent a lot of time here.  We are definitely pool, beach, sunshine, and flip flop people.  Enough said!



We also enjoyed celebrating special moments with our friends this summer.  This included weddings...


AND babies!  :)




Most of all, we just enjoyed being together.  Life is good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment